Saturday, July 16, 2016

Birthday Card For A Good Friend

Do you ever work on a card and it just doesn't come together like you want it to?  I have worked 3 partial days on this card and I can't tell you how many different dies I cut before I finished it.  I liked it once I finished it, but it was a hard one for me to do.   I sure hope my friend loves it and not being a crafter, she will have no idea (and I won't tell her either) how many hours it took me to make it for her.  But, regardless I loved every minute it took and I love working in my new "studio".

And, OH BY THE WAY....we took our house off of the market and we are staying here at least for the time being.  After looking around at other places, we decided we have fixed up our home just the way we wanted and nothing else in our price range compared to it.  AND, as time went on, Jon decided he is not ready to give up his toys. :)  We both are so please that we have made this decision.





This is the front of the card.  Using three Spellbinder rectangle dies, I first cut out the opening that shows the inside of the card.  Then I cut out a black frame and put it underneath to frame the flower.
 A fussy cut was done on the pretty Graphic 45 lady, and then popped up on the outside.  The JustRite Happy Birthday stamp was a perfect sentiment for my dear friend and was cut out with a Sizzix die.  As an afterthought, I embossed the front with an Ann Griffin Embossing Folder

This is the inside of the card.  I paper pieced with coordinating paper the Memory Box Flower.
Popping up a smaller Graphic 45 lady added interest on the inside.  Two sentiments were stamped that I think will bring a smile to my friends face.

This is a close up of the pieced flower.  This took a long time to do, but it really 
coordinated the colors and brought the outside and inside of the card together.

12 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautiful!!! Your friend will love it!

Bobbi Miller said...

WOW! This is so pretty, Joan. I love the ladies..they look so "regal" with their old time flowing dresses. I'm sure your friend will love it. Hugs!

henry@7635 said...

What a lucky friend you have! Your card for her is stunning!

Joan Fricker said...

Thank you!

Unknown said...

WOW Joan! This is so beautiful. I too love the ladies. They look so elegant. Your friend will really love it. I have also made cards that have taken me an enormous amount of time and I know the recipient would have no idea.
But they were a great deal of fun as well as work. A feeling of complete satisfaction as I am sure you feel as well. I love it!

Pssequimages said...

I know---gluing back in those tiny paper pieces can be very time consuming but it is SO pretty when you have done it. I love the flower, and I think your card for your friend is just ADORABLE.

Elaine M said...

Amazing card Joan! Great color choices and the ladies are just lovely. Know you had fun in the creating process and your friend will be thrilled to receive this.

Memaw said...

Very good like the technique

Selma said...

Gorgeous card Joan. I see the Joan's Touch in this card.😊

Olga Moore said...

Oh how very chic! So beautifully done,Joan. Love the paper piecing of the flower. And those lades shout elegance.

Jan Castle said...

Beautifully done Joan!!!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Gretchen Wilson said...

Well I can see you are back in your element. The card is gorgeous and as you know I loves these ladies so much,I don't want to part with any,lol!