Monday, April 28, 2014

Challenge #11

 On Lori's shower invitation, I asked everyone to bring their favorite recipe and one ingredient.  I said we would  use these recipe cards for a drawing for a nice gift.  I wanted to make this gift, so I etched a vase/candle that I had purchased quite a long time ago.    I wish you could see it in real life as it is so pretty.  It is very hard to get a good picture especially since I am not the best photographer.
 
This picture is with green material and a Votive Candle I made when I had my Soap and Candle
business.
 The next picture is with lace added over the green

 
This shows the vase without the candle.
 
Etching  with the Armour Etching Cream is very easy if you get the right image.  The first image I tried  was more detailed without a lot of etching space, so I did another one and I really love it.
Lots of possibilities for wedding gifts, showers, and many of your household glass items you would like to label
There are great videos on YouTube for Etching with this the Armour Cream, especially using the Silhouette and Cricut.
Click here to see one that does not use the Silhouette Cutting Machine.
 
Products Use:
Armour Etching Cream (can be ordered at Joan's Gardens)
 
Here is what you need to do for this week's challenge!
You can make 3 projects this week
Below is what you need to do for this week's challenge
  • Make an Altered project (can even be a card you altered)
  • You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens.  Also, mention that you are doing the card/project for Joan's Touch Challenge. It would be nice if you would add this link to your post: www.joanstouch.com
 
You will have until next Monday, May 5 morning 6:00 AM EST to link your project.
A winner will be chosen from a random drawing for week 10 and the winner of the challenge will be announced May 6.
 
 

 
 

3 comments:

Olga Moore said...

That is just beautiful, Joan! I'll bet this gift made some lucky guest very happy. I know I would have been thriled to have received this.

Diane said...

Beautiful gift, I would imagine it was very well received!!

ionabunny said...

Lovely votive Joan. Your etching paste work wonderfully