Travis's (future grand-son- in-law) birthday was this week, so I made him this card. I learned this technique at the Dream Weaver Class I took in Chicago a few weeks ago. I loved it then and even more so after creating this card. About any scenery stamp will work. I didn't add many embellishments or layers as I wanted it to be the main focal point.
Directions for Layering Nested Frames
- Lay a piece of removable Tape, sticky side up on the table
- Carefully place the three smallest Nesting Frames (Dream Weavers DD001) cutting side up on the tape so I t comes across the middle of the frames, press them in place lightly so they don't move.
- Carefully turn the tape and frames over the front of your image cutting side down and place where you want the frames on the image, gently press the tape to the paper.
- Place the dies and paper on the plate of your die cutting machine, cutting side up. Place acrylic plate on top and run this through the machine.
- Remove the cut layers from the dies
- Place one layer of dimensional foam on the largest frame, then put 2 layers of dimensional foam on the 2nd largest and 3 layers on the smallest.
- Add to your cardstock and you have a beautiful focal point for your card.
Products Used for this Card that can be purchased at Joan's Gardens
Nesting Dies - DD001 - Dream Weavers
Stash for my Paper
Happy Die - Cheery Lynn B226
Birthday Die - Cheery Lynn B211
Buttons - Tim Holtz
Anja Vintage 2 Ornament - LR0270 - Marianne
Here is what you need to do for this week's challenge!
You can make 3 cards this week
Below is what you need to do for this week's challenge
- Use scenery stamp, picture or digital image
- Make a layer as I did above
- any color
- You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens. Also, mention that you are doing the card/project for Joan's Touch Challenge. It would be nice if you would add this link to your post: www.joanstouch.com
You will have until next Monday, June 23 morning 6:00 AM EST to link your project.
A winner will be chosen from a random drawing for week #18 and the winner of the challenge will be announced June 24