Saturday, August 16, 2014

New Bird Card

I cut this bird out months ago and it has been lying on my craft table, so I decided today was the day I needed to use it.
 
The card is a 6x6 card. A white layer that was embossed using Craftwell's Quatrefoil  Embossing Folder was added under the purple cardstock.
Both of the purple papers are from Memory Box.  After lightly misting the papers, I crumbled them and let them dry.  Then the 2 top layers were stitched  on the sewing machine.  I  had a white feather and some pink self adhesive lace, but no purple.  So, both were inked with Shaded Lilac Distressed Ink.  The nest of eggs were painted with Seedless Preserves Distressed paint.  A piece of cheese cloth was sewn and gathered then placed under the purple papers.


 
I wanted to add a tag, but nothing felt right.  My friend Judy stopped by after taking a Heartfelt Creation class and showed me a card they made where the tag was inserted underneath and pulled out to read.   I really liked the idea, so that is what I did.  I think I might add a ribbon to the tag.
The card has so much dimension, but it doesn't show up on the pictures.
I also darkened a purple pearl and added to the birds eye.
 
You can purchase the die and embossing folder from Terri at Joan's Gardens.
 
 
 
CCE008
           
CottageCutz Elites Die 4.3"X3.9"             
Bella Springtime Bird

8 comments:

ionabunny said...

Hi Joan, love the bird and all your purples. A very lovely card.

craftieodmae said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

barbara macaskill said...

This is so pretty!! TFS!

Olga Moore said...

Love the white bird against the purple,Joan. Just beautiful!

Diane said...

Beautiful card Joan...I love that birdie die cut and all your beautiful details!! You need to enter this in the Dies R Us challenge, it is "stitching" this week!!

Darlene said...

SO pretty Joan! You know how I love purple and what a fabulous design! Love the texture and stitching! Great job!
Thanks so much for playing in our ‘STITCHING’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Robin said...

Great stitching and design Joan! Thank you for participating in our ‘STITCHING’ challenge at Dies R Us!

Sherri said...

What a great card! Love the beautiful die against all the purple layers. Great texture & design. Thanks for joining Dies R Us for the "Stitching" challenge!