Thursday, October 2, 2014

Card for New Challenge

First of all just call me a dingaling......All year I have done the challenges on Monday and the winner was announced on Tuesday.  So this Tuesday I announced the winner. (Priss)  Priss wrote to me to tell me the challenge doesn't end until tomorrow. duh.... So, you still have one more day for that challenge to enter more cards. 
 
I am announcing this challenge today, as I would like to start doing the challenges on Thursday with the winner announced on Friday.  I am not promising there will be one every week, but I will do them as often as possible.
 
 
First, I stenciled a 5x 5 piece of paper using Tim Holtz Honey Comb Stencil. I didn't cover the entire card stock, but left some space on the bottom right corner.  Then I started playing with ink.  I used several colors, spritzing with water and drying in between.  I inked the base card edges in many of the same colors and after it dried I stamped it in several place with Tim' textured stamp.  It is still one of my favorite stamps.  I repeated this on 2 or 3 different pieces of paper, stamped one with some text and on the honeycomb bottom I stamped some music. The lady was cut from Graphic 45 paper, that was inked to make it more vintage.  All the papers were distressed with my Zutter machine.  Cheesecloth was inked and butterflies die cut.  Then I started assembling the card, popping up some of the layers.  The Memory Box Flower was already cut and lying in my drawer, so it was inked and attached with Glue and Seal.  Earth Glitter was added to the lady's hat and also at the base of the flower for texture.
 
Products I used on this card are:
 
Distressed Inks by Tim Holtz - Evergreen Bough, Vintage Photo, Brushed Corduroy
Earth Elements by Art Glitter
Ranger Texture Paint
Wendy Vecchi Archival Ink - Potting Soil
Tim Holtz Slight Alteration  Stamp - CMS060
Tim's Seasonal Reflection - CMS112
Winter Collage G1830 by Memory Box
Delightful Peony Outline - 98742 - Memory Box
Butterflies - DL113 - Cheery Lynn
 

Below is what you need to do for this week's challenge
  • Use a vintage picture. Can be stamped or a picture
  • Mix colors of ink together
  • Do some stenciling
  • Use a product that can be purchased at Joan's Gardens (www.atjoansgardens.com)
 
You will have until Thursday October 9th  6:00 AM EST to link your project.
 

A winner will be chosen from a random drawing for week #24 and the winner of the challenge will be announced October 10th


 

No comments: