Wednesday, October 29, 2014

New Creations

Last weekend I had a wonderful time attending a Mix Media Class at Art The Edge in the charming village of Newburg, Indiana. Our classroom over looked the beautiful Ohio River where we saw barges, airplanes and gorgeous sunsets. Another best thing was getting to visit with friends!!!
The classes were taught by Ken Oliver who did a great job with all that goes into planning a fun and learning workshop.

On Friday night Ken taught us how to use Ice Resin and we made these beautiful Bezels. Then Saturday we created a very interesting album using all kinds of fun things. We also did another wonderful mix media piece that got left in my friend's Judy car. I will try to remember to show it to you once I get it back. I hope to make some pretty things with all I learned this weekend.

I will make some jewelry with these for gifts.  I am taking a jewelry class
next week, something I have wanted to do for a long time.  I need another hobby, ya know.
 
You can't see it, but the resin is domed.  My great granddaughter, Mazelee loves fairies, so I will be giving this to her for either Christmas or her birthday.
 
My friend Judy had a great idea for me to use this album for my flower pictures.
 
 

5 comments:

Gretchen Wilson said...

Beautiful work Joan and it was so much fun taking the class with you and spending the weekend with good friends.

ednamburgess said...

Wish I was into jewelery making, it's so beautiful, but I'm not, but know my friend would have loved it. Tomorrow would have been her 86th birthday. Still miss her. Edna

Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects Joan---a Great Weekend was had by all! I am anxious to see the jewelry projects you will be doing this weekend.

Anonymous said...

They are very pretty, Joan!

Diane said...

Looks like you all had so much fun. wonderful projects and glad you had a good time..wish I could of been there!!