Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Challenge #15

 
This is the way the card is folded which allows it to stand up and then fold flat to mail.  it fits in an A2 envelope.
 
This is the back of the card to show you it is cut out and stands above the card.  I hope this makes sense.
 
I am sorry this is so late getting posted, but I have not had a minute to do so.
I will post last weeks winner tomorrow and hopefully will have time to comment on each of the gorgeous entries today.  Spring time is always such a busy time, but with our unseasonable cold weather I am really behind.  How about you???

I fell in love with these Beeline stamps when I was in Florida. (I think Terri is going to order them for her shop)  Each time I saw them, I would look at them again and on my last visit I decide I had to have them.  The owner of the store (The Owl and the Pussy Cat) made me a small template and Judy Studer helped me figure it out.  She is so good at those kind of things.  I can think of so many times I would love to just stick one of these in the mail to someone that I have thought of that day.  Darlene is teaching me to use a swivel knife to cut things out and it is so much faster.  I still need practice, but I am really loving it.  It is so great to have good friends!!

Here is how we did it:
  • Start with a paper 7 1/2 inches long x 4 1/4 inches wide
  • Stamp sentiment at bottom of cardstock (about 1/8 inch from bottom)
  • Stamp image right above sentiment
  • Measure 2 1/2 inches from bottom of cardstock 
  • Score from Each Side in to as far as the image and stop
  • Cut out image above score lines
  • Score at 5 inches, 5 3/4 inches and 6 1/2 inches
  • Fold 5 inch as a mountain, 5 3/4 as a valley and 6 1/2 inches as a mountain
  • Glue bottom of tab on inside of bottom front.
A badge will be sent to the winner and Terri at Joan's Gardens will be sending a prize to the winner.
Here is what you need to do for this week's challenge!
You can make 3 cards this week
Below is what you need to do for this week's challenge
  • Cut out part of an image so it is standing above card.  Does not have to be a person or a stand up card.  Use your imagination.
  • Use card stock for color
  • add a sentiment
  • You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens.  Also, mention that you are doing the card/project for Joan's Touch Challenge. It would be nice if you would add this link to your post: www.joanstouch.com

You will have until next Monday, June 2 morning 6:00 AM EST to link your project.
A winner will be chosen from a random drawing for week #15 and the winner of the challenge will be announced June 3
 




 

2 comments:

ionabunny said...

Very pretty card. Love how you cut her out

Theresa's Studio said...

Love your card, Joan. Thanks for the instructions. Had so much fun that I had to make more than one.