Saturday, September 13, 2014

My card for a new challenge

I have been getting requests for a new challenge, so today (and yesterday) I worked on this card.
I have lots of hours creating this card as it just didn't come together.  I can't tell you how many times I changed the color of the heart.  Then when it dried the color changed and was totally different from what I had planned.  Have you ever had that happen?
 
I first cut out a country looking heart, covered it with gesso, then covered it with gauze.  After it dried, I fan folded it to get it a pleated look.  The paper is an older collection from Heartfelt Creations.  It is actually more olive green than it shows here.  I distressed all the edges to give it a vintage look,  sewed some on the sewing machine, added 1/2 of a dolly.  Oh. I also used a new embossing folder to make the lines.   I hope you like it.  Please let me know what you think.
 
 
 

You can make as many cards this week as you have time to get done.

 
Below is what you need to do for this week's challenge
  • Do a vintage theme
  • Distress the edges
  • Add several layers
 
You will have until Monday September 22 morning 6:00 AM EST to link your project.
 
A winner will be chosen from a random drawing for week #22 and the winner of the challenge will be announced September 23.

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 I am also entering this card in the http://frillyandfunkie.blogspot.com/2014/09/from-heart.html

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I always like the vintage look.

Nancy Dynes said...

Joan, your card is BEAUTIFUL! You've combined a lovely color palette with texture, and layer after distressed layer of vintage perfection! It is literally a heartfelt creation!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Frilly and Funkie! I know what you mean about struggling at times to get a project to come together, but honestly it looks to as though you brought it together effortlessly. What a lovely work of art!!
Hugs,
Nancy

Mihaela said...

Very beautiful card!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Such a lovely shabby chic card. Love all the distressing and your color palette is so perfect for a vintage style card. Your fan folded heart is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Frilly and Funkie!

Hugs,
Linda

Olga Moore said...

Beautiful card, Joan! It looks like a lot of hard word went into your creation. I know there are times when it takes me all day to make a card before I'm satisfied with it. But in the end it's all worth it.when that "aha" momenht arrives and you're finally happy with the result.

Cyndee said...

Very pretty, Joan. Your cards are so amazing!

Nancy Hill said...

Very beautiful card and love the distress edges on this vintage card.

Diane said...

GORGEOUS card Joan...love the vintage pretty soft look of it.....the EB folder is awesome and I think I JUST received one like it last week..you have inspired me to use it!! Lots of pretty details here!!

Dunja Trautmann said...

Dear Joan, i found your blog today and saw your challenge, so i would like to enter my card to your challenge. Ohh your's is fantastic, i love your style and i'm sure, i will come back and visit your blog. Your creations are stunning.

Best wishes for you
Dunja xx

Dorothy S said...

Such a stunning card. Thanks for another challenge.

Jenny Marples said...

Oh Joan this is such a beautiful card. I LOVE all that wonderful layering! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

KT Fit Kitty said...

I am a new follower and I was inspired by your challenge! This is the first time I have used my distress tool. I think I need more practice! Your card is beautiful and your distressing looks awesome!

Inkypinkycraft said...

a really beautiful card and your heart is gorgeous x thanks for joining us at frilly and funkie