Saturday, March 15, 2014

Yummy Banana Bread

I have found a couple nice Kitchen Shops during our visit to Florida.  I love to browse through them and see different things to use in my cooking.  I found this mini 4 loaf pan for bread or mini meat loaves.  I passed up purchasing them, but Jon walked over and bought it for me.  He knows me, I am not an impulse buyer and so often I don't buy something and wished I had.  Of course, he has benefited from this purchase as I have made Banana Bread 3 times so far.  We have eaten some, but I have have fun giving these 6 inch mini loaves of bread to neighbors too.  I love doing that!!!
I know I will enjoy this pan in many different ways.

My Mom created this recipe several years ago and it is soooo moist.  You can also make it in a regular bread pan.


  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  2                     RIPE BANANAS
  2                     EGGS BEATEN
  1       T           VANILLA
  1/2    C           OIL
  1/4    C           BUTTERMILK
  1 3/4 C           SIFTED FLOUR
  1 1/4 C           BROWN SUGAR
  1/2    t            SALT
  1       t            SODA
  1       C          CHOPPED NUTS


 Sift flower, salt and soda together and set aside,  Mash Bananas with a fork.   Beat eggs , oil, bananas, buttermilk, nuts and vanilla  together.  Add sifted dry ingredients to mixture and stir until well blended.  (I use a fork instead of a mixer,)

Preheat oven at 350 and bake 40 minutes to 1 hour. Stick a knife in the middle.  It should come out clean when done.







5 comments:

ionabunny said...

Looks yummy

Anonymous said...

Eileen L. said....
Yum, wish I was close enough to receive one of those, banana bread is my absolute favorite. Dont find it easy to buy buttermilk around here anymore, I dont know why not but will have to hunt some down to try your recipe. Thanks Joan.

Darlene said...

Oh those look SO GOOD Joan! I can smell that sweet banana smell right now! Yummmmmmmmmmmm
Thanks for the recipe! I have printed it and putting it in my family cookbook with you & Ruby's names to try real soon! Maybe when Bette comes next month! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy Joan, will have to try it, what kind of soda do you use, do you mean baking soda?
Thanks
Donna

Diane said...

I wish I had a loaf right now...for breakfast...yum!!!! I think I might have to give the recipe a try this week...sounds good, looks good...have to do it!!!