Friday, June 27, 2014

Guys Graduation Card

One of my favorite young men (2nd cousin) Peter graduated from high school this spring.  His passion is baseball (just like his father).  I found this cool vintage baseball image on Etsy for $1.00 and thought it would make a perfect card for him.  I love the way it turned out. 

First I inked the Impression Obsession Stripe Stamp with Versa fine ink making sure there were some blank lines to give it more of a vintage feel.  You do this by rubbing the ink on instead of blotting. I learned that tip from Wendy Vecchi.
Tea Dye was used to give everything an aged look.   Using Tim Holtz  Slight Alterations CMS060
I stamped on the background of the Congrats and the year.  I love that stamp as I think it adds so much interest.  I am sorry but I don't know which set of numbers I have. I think it is Memory Box but I did not label it. (shaking my finger at myself)  I personalized the inside too with a graduation cap and a note to Peter.  I think he will like it.
 
You can purchase all the following products from Terri at www.atjoansgardens.com
 
Thin Stripes Stamp-  B5199 - Impression Obsession
Slight Alterations - CMS060 - Tim Holtz
Congrats - 656360 - Sizzix
Tea Dye Distressed Ink by Tim Holtz
Numbers - I think Memory Box, but not sure.
 
 

5 comments:

Mrs. Swandog said...

Wow!!! Joan I love this card! You totally nailed vintage!

Memaw said...

Wow I really like that card really nice

Gretchen Wilson said...

Great card Joan, you know we can't forget the guys in our lives and they are the hardest ones to design a card for. You nailed this one.

Diane said...

Perfect design for a young man...he will treasure it I am sure...I need to make more "manly cards!!!

Jerri Jimenez said...

Awesome masculine card Joan, your nephew will love it!