Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Blueberry Pie - Yummy

I am not especially fond of normal blue berry pies because of the cooked blueberries.  But a few years ago, I developed this recipe and love it.   It is so easy to make too.
 
                  
                         JOAN'S  BLUEBERRY PIE

CRUST
1 1/2 cup flour
2 T sugar
1/2 t. salt
1/2  cup plus 2 T oil
2 T Milk
Press into pie shell and bake at 425 until slightly brown
                 
FILLING
1 C Blueberries
 
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup corn starch
1/4 t salt
Mix these 3 ingredients together
before adding
 
1 cup hot water
1 t lemon juice
 add blueberries and water
   Cook these ingredients together until thick, stirring constantly
 
Fresh Blueberries
3 1/2 cups raw blue berries.
Add these to thicken mixture after it has slightly cooked and stir
well.  Add to baked pie shell

 CRUMB TOPPING
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup soften butter
mix until crumbly.  DO NOT use mixer.
Cover the blueberries in pie shell with crumbs and bake at 425 until brown...about 15 minutes.
If edges of pie shell start to get too brown, cover with foil.
 
                       If you decide to try this recipe, I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
 

2 comments:

Darlene said...

YEP! BEST blueberry pie on the face of the earth (and I don't like blueberries ... remember?) Thanks for the recipe Joan and it looks like you're having some great retirement fun! Good for you!

Diane said...

Yummy yummy.....I need to make one of these, even though I will have to eat the entire thing myself...what a sad thing that will be...lol!!