Sunday, July 20, 2014

Lucifer (Crocosmia crocosmiiflora)

Lucifer (Crocosmia crocosmiiflora_ is a bulb which multiplies nicely and is a beautiful display
of red flowers that blooms late July into August.  The foliage looks like iris.
My daughter (Lori) gave this  plant to me many years ago.  I have moved it several times,
but finally found the spot it loves.
 
A close up picture.
 
The purple flower is Liatris (spicata) with Lucifer in the background in another garden spot.
The yellow daisy like flower goes nicely with both of them.
 
My Strawberry Vanilla Hydrangea (Hydrangea paniculata 'Renhy')
is just starting to bloom.  This is an amazing plant as it starts out
white, turns pink, then vanilla.  It dries beautifully.  I do believe it is
one of my very favorite plants and I would love to have several more.
If you want to see them in full bloom, search Pinterest for Strawberry Vanilla Hydrangea
 and you will want one too.
 

5 comments:

Diane said...

Oh my how very pretty and I can account for it's beauty as I saw "Lucifer" in full bloom last week at your lovely home....I have to find one of those SB Hydrangeas ... Greg just planted my two Forevers we purchased...I am running out of room, except for my pumpkin patch!! Your gardens are so lovely!!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Your garden is aways beautiful and the pictures show it, I know it's a lot of work, but so enjoyable. Wish I could share picture of my flowers, but they are very scarce. Thanks for sharing with all of us again. I love to see them.

Anonymous said...

Your beautiful gardens are a real inspiration! You combine all of the colors so nicely. Thanks for sharing all of your knowledge to some of us who are only wishing we could have those amazing gardens.

Darlene said...

WOW! Breathtaking color! For some reason I'm not getting your blog subscriptions (as well as many others) so glad I thought about popping over. Your flowers are ALWAYS so gorgeous and I love that you know enough about flowers that you know what to plant so you have color Spring through Fall ... Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love that red in the garden. Thanks for sharing.


Juanita