Saturday, December 21, 2019

Family Recipes Preserved

I love hand written old recipes, especially from those who are no longer alive.  I have developed a way of preserving them and applying them to a 100% cotton tea towel.  If any of you are interested, I will be glad to quote you a price and design them for you,

My Mom was famous for her pies.  I found this recipe that she hand wrote with the recipe for Chocolate and Butterscotch
Pie.   I added 4 pictures that are from a baby until her last years.  The middle two are when she was in the kitchen cooking.

I designed this recipe for a client.  She is giving all of her family one for Christmas. Her mother wrote the recipe and we added 5 pictures from the time she was a baby.




I also found this recipe that Mom wrote.  My cousin Lydia gave us the recipe for Pulled Candy.  My Aunt Betty, cousin Andy, Mom  and I spent an entire evening making candy.  We could hardly read the recipe and our first batch failed because we cooked it too long.  But, we finally figured it out and made the best candy I have ever eaten.  After we left  (December 10, 1981 2:00 AM) Mom sat down and rewrote the recipe giving perfect directions.  It is a night we will never forget and I cherish this recipe with her hand writing.


This is a towel I found on the internet, but wanted to show another style.  It is not mine.

2 comments:

Patti J said...

These are wonderful, Joan! What a great way to preserve memories. We lost nearly all of our handwritten recipes when the house burned in 1980, but I will look and see what I can find after Christmas! Thanks for sharing!

Darlene said...

WOW very clever (as you always are) and what a great idea! I will be going through all of Mom's recipe's in the months to come and will certainly keep this idea in mind. HUGS and Merry Christmas to you & Jon.