Saturday, July 23, 2016

A Happy Card

I have good news to report...my good friend Jean is out of ICU, unhooked from many tubes and has been sitting up in a chair for a few minutes.  She has a loooooong way to go yet, but our friend Lavonne lives next door to Jean now and was able to go visit her in the hospital.  Lavonne called me and put Jean on the phone to talk to me for a few minutes.  What a joy that was to my heart.  Jean and I have been friends since the early 70's when we both were managers with a company called HODA.  Did any of you ever attend a HODA party?  I was with that company from 1973 to 1986.  I sold decorating accessories and learned so much during those years.  There were 4 of us managers who became very close friends and remain so  today.  I sent her the Belleek card I made a few days ago before she got out of ICU.  The card I am posting today is another one that I will send to her the first of the week.  My goal is to make one a week for her to brighten her spirits.  She still is in the St. Louis Hospital.

I wanted to do a gate card that was slanted.  I tried about 7 or 8 different dies  before I found one that would work.  It is a memory box die, not exactly what I wanted, but it worked.  I will make another card similar to this and perfect it, but it works for now.









Joy Stamp...........Impression Obsession c5471
Big Splash Border ..............Memory Box 98438
Happy Day Stamp...........Inkadinkado
Flower and leaves..............Marianne
Made by Hand  Stamp.............Inkadinkado
Tag Die........Sizzix 
 Flower Center Beads........Martha Stewart


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty card Joan. I love the colors and the swirly border. It is unusual and works great with your creation. I am sure she will love it.

Jan Castle said...

Cool card Joan...I am sure it will brighten Jean's day! Thanks for the update on Jean...will continue to keep her in my prayers!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Darlene said...

What a beautiful design Joan. So glad to hear your friend is doing so much better! I have no doubt she will be thrilled with this card and any others you are able to create and send.

April said...

This is so bright and cheery! Love the colors and design!

Elaine M said...

Wonderful news about your friend! I know your lovely card will brighten her day.

phyllis e said...

Beautiful card Joan! Do you still have the stock # of the Memory Box Swirl Border? I can't seem to find it anywhere and I'd love to have one and of course, one FOR MOM! Thanks and again, BEAUTY-OUS card!